DAY 56: Holiday
Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
I'll be offline until January 2, spending holiday time with my brothers and sisters, with trips down to see Mom.
Until I return, I thought I'd leave you with some pictures of Mom as we hope to see her again someday.
This one is from her first visit to Japan four years ago. I took her to the Akami part of Sano, which is host to impressive koi ponds and this shrine on the mountain above Oguraya ramen shop, one of my favorites:

Next is a shot I snapped of her at the kitchen table on our summer vacation in August 2004:

Here she is that same year at the same table with my sisters Karen, Colleen, and Emily:

Mom has always loved taking care of our family's chickens. I helped her one morning this past September, and took this shot of her holding her favorite one. Contrary to popular misconception, she was not preparing to wring its neck!

This last one was taken on September 22 at the Autumn Gold festival in Estes Park. I snapped it with my right hand, hence the unintentional focus on me:

We'll get her back yet.
I want to take a moment to thank everybody who has supported our family during this ordeal.
That includes our distant relatives, Uncle Jack, Uncle Pat and Aunt Myra, Aunt Terri and Uncle Jim, Aunt Barbara and Uncle Steve, Aunt Janine, and Aunt Laurie.
It includes the many members of Rocky Mountain Church who have given prayers, financial support, food, gifts, and companionship.
It includes a long list of friends in the Estes valley and far beyond, all the way to Japan. Of particular note are my old high school friends who've offered help, including Shannon (Sheagley) Brown, Darci (Stone) Escandon, Lee Kilgore, Tricia (Martin) Kob, Chris (Haynes) Mathews, Heather Stevens, and Quentin Wedan. It's been a long time since I've seen them, but it doesn't feel like it.
I'd also like to mention my readers and subscribers who've sent their thoughts, many of which have been touching. As I wrote to one of them this morning, there's a warm feeling around The Kelly Letter, and I like that. Too often, the stock market is nothing but calculations and cold speculation from people who are arrogant. Not in our group.
Our family is blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people. Thank you for being one of them. Good tidings!
I'll be offline until January 2, spending holiday time with my brothers and sisters, with trips down to see Mom.
Until I return, I thought I'd leave you with some pictures of Mom as we hope to see her again someday.
This one is from her first visit to Japan four years ago. I took her to the Akami part of Sano, which is host to impressive koi ponds and this shrine on the mountain above Oguraya ramen shop, one of my favorites:

Next is a shot I snapped of her at the kitchen table on our summer vacation in August 2004:

Here she is that same year at the same table with my sisters Karen, Colleen, and Emily:

Mom has always loved taking care of our family's chickens. I helped her one morning this past September, and took this shot of her holding her favorite one. Contrary to popular misconception, she was not preparing to wring its neck!

This last one was taken on September 22 at the Autumn Gold festival in Estes Park. I snapped it with my right hand, hence the unintentional focus on me:

We'll get her back yet.
I want to take a moment to thank everybody who has supported our family during this ordeal.
That includes our distant relatives, Uncle Jack, Uncle Pat and Aunt Myra, Aunt Terri and Uncle Jim, Aunt Barbara and Uncle Steve, Aunt Janine, and Aunt Laurie.
It includes the many members of Rocky Mountain Church who have given prayers, financial support, food, gifts, and companionship.
It includes a long list of friends in the Estes valley and far beyond, all the way to Japan. Of particular note are my old high school friends who've offered help, including Shannon (Sheagley) Brown, Darci (Stone) Escandon, Lee Kilgore, Tricia (Martin) Kob, Chris (Haynes) Mathews, Heather Stevens, and Quentin Wedan. It's been a long time since I've seen them, but it doesn't feel like it.
I'd also like to mention my readers and subscribers who've sent their thoughts, many of which have been touching. As I wrote to one of them this morning, there's a warm feeling around The Kelly Letter, and I like that. Too often, the stock market is nothing but calculations and cold speculation from people who are arrogant. Not in our group.
Our family is blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people. Thank you for being one of them. Good tidings!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home