DAY 73: "Hi!"
This morning, at 10:25, Mom said her first word in two-and-a-half months.
Dr. Heit covered the opening of her tracheotomy tube and asked her to say hi. She took a breath and said it in a husky but loud voice. Here's a shot:

Folks, there are a lot of high points in our lives, but few as powerful as watching a loved one written off for dead claw back to life.
After the doctors left, I said to Mom that she'd done a good job. "You said 'hi'," I told her.
She looked over at me, gave the slightest of smiles, and winked. Just like her. Mom is steadily becoming herself again.
I hope to see you at her benefit concert tonight, details available by scrolling down or clicking here.
Dr. Heit covered the opening of her tracheotomy tube and asked her to say hi. She took a breath and said it in a husky but loud voice. Here's a shot:

Folks, there are a lot of high points in our lives, but few as powerful as watching a loved one written off for dead claw back to life.
After the doctors left, I said to Mom that she'd done a good job. "You said 'hi'," I told her.
She looked over at me, gave the slightest of smiles, and winked. Just like her. Mom is steadily becoming herself again.
I hope to see you at her benefit concert tonight, details available by scrolling down or clicking here.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home