DAY 26: Thanksgiving & Christmas Parade
Except for Mom and Kevin, our whole family enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with the Hays family in Pine Valley.

It was my first time to speak at length with Sean Hays, who runs his own environmental consulting firm from home. He told me about various chemical risks associated with common products, and his ideas for testing products and improving safety in everyday life. It was fascinating.

Then, tonight, we went to the Estes Park Christmas parade. Elkhorn Avenue bustled with people in good cheer, and the weather didn't become bitterly cold as it does for so many Christmas parades. The town looked magical.

Kind Coffee, where Emily works, was busy!


Then, of course, the parade was fun.


It did me a world of good to get away from the hospital for a while. By the time I returned to Mom's bedside late Friday night, I was refreshed. I shared the holiday cheer with her. I don't know if she heard any of my stories, but it felt good just to tell her.

It was my first time to speak at length with Sean Hays, who runs his own environmental consulting firm from home. He told me about various chemical risks associated with common products, and his ideas for testing products and improving safety in everyday life. It was fascinating.

Then, tonight, we went to the Estes Park Christmas parade. Elkhorn Avenue bustled with people in good cheer, and the weather didn't become bitterly cold as it does for so many Christmas parades. The town looked magical.

Kind Coffee, where Emily works, was busy!


Then, of course, the parade was fun.


It did me a world of good to get away from the hospital for a while. By the time I returned to Mom's bedside late Friday night, I was refreshed. I shared the holiday cheer with her. I don't know if she heard any of my stories, but it felt good just to tell her.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home